WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to save the lives of abandoned, abused and neglected cats and dogs by providing shelter, care, and medical treatment. We provide these services to homeless animals through rescue, adoption, adoption events, and community outreach. We also promote spay/neuter and the importance of making a lifetime commitment to companion animals. Our goal is to help Los Angeles become a no-kill city.
Cat Connection, a non-profit 501(c)(3) no-kill Rescue group, was founded in 1996 and provides animal rescue services to Southern California. We are an organization of dedicated volunteers with no paid staff. Our animals live in our Cattery or volunteer foster homes until adopted. Our volunteers care for kittens that need to be bottle- fed, cats that need medical attention and/or socialization and healthy animals ready for adoption. Cat Connection takes care of our rescue animals’ medical needs and prior to adoption, every animal is spayed/neutered, tested, vaccinated, de-wormed, treated for fleas and microchipped.
WHAT WE DO
- Cat Connection animal rescues include: Los Angeles County and City shelter and shelter hospital animals taken on their last day; displaced animals from homes that can no longer keep them; and sick and injured street animals.
- All animals that come into Cat Connection are tested for FELV/FIV, vaccinated, de-wormed, bathed and medically treated before placement.
- Cat Connection is a no-kill facility, keeping all animals until placed. All animals live at our cattery or within one of our foster homes until placed.
- Cat Connection offers advertising of animals to the public for placement of unwanted pets on all of our websites for a small donation.
- Cat Connection, when able, contributes towards the medical care for an animal from another rescue group or individual in need of financial help.
LOCATION OF THE CAT CONNECTION ADOPTION CENTER
Cat Connection has a working relationship with Beverly Oaks Animal Hospital and Pet Resort, located at 14270 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks. Our animals are in the window and can be seen seven days a week for viewing and adoptions. We are in the same building as the hospital which is a 24-hour clinic and emergency facility.
In an effort to broaden our exposure and find more homes Cat Connections promotes its wonderful animals available for adoption on the following websites:
HOW WE PAY OUR BILLS
Cat Connection is in the constant state of raising money in order to be able to care for injured animals that come in (many which are abandoned at our cattery), and providing the standard medical care we give each animal prior to adoption. Our monthly medical bills are very high. We survive entirely on donations.
WHAT CAT CONNECTION WANTS TO ACCOMPLISH WITH CONTRIBUTIONS
All animals are tested for FELV/FIV. They are spayed/neutered/vaccinated/dewormed and flea control is applied. Animals that come to us sick or injured have a blood panel and some animals require a dental. All medical needs are met before adoption.